Empire of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feel your inner Darkness... join the Leigion within the Empire of Darkness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Empire of Darkness
To Get tested, join "EmpireofDarkness Test" pass 1234
Empire of Darkness is reopened, therefore Invite People so that we can start fun events.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Last :(
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 am by уα¢нιяυ кυѕαנιѕнι

» What the hell
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 pm by уα¢нιяυ кυѕαנιѕнι

» Im Backk! :D
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 pm by D3ath R3ap3r

» Ban Game v5
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:05 pm by уα¢нιяυ кυѕαנιѕнι

» 3WG v3
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:07 pm by ArcanaForce0

» Assossiation Game v3
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:33 pm by уα¢нιяυ кυѕαנιѕнι

» Week #1 ~Psychic Support~
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm by Nico Robin

» Side deck
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:50 am by Fish

» RAWR HAIRY BALLS
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:33 pm by Nico Robin

» Chazz it up!
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:12 am by Fish

» Guess That Card
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:55 pm by Nico Robin

» Challenge: Fusion
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:12 pm by Nico Robin

» Challenge: Fairies
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:06 pm by Nico Robin

» Challenge Square Rules
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:42 pm by Nico Robin

» Hello and BOOM! :D
Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 pm by Chrono

Share | 

Fortune Lady Article

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nico Robin
Nico Robin
The Devil's Child
The Devil's Child

Fortune Lady Article Star03
Female Posts : 166

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Fortune Ladies

In this article, I will talk about my favorite Archtype in the game, Fortune Ladies. Before talking about the deck itself, I will talk about each card individually, in order of their Level.

Level 1 - Fortune Lady Light
Fortune Lady Article FortuneLadyLightANPR-EN-R-UE

Starting ATK/DEF: 200

Lighty is the BOOM of this deck. Any Fortune Lady you want, Lighty can give you, as long as you know how to use her. Here are some cards to spam her effect...

*Compulsory Evacuation Device
*Interdimensional Matter Transporter
*Kinka-Byo
*Torrential Tribute
*Dark Hole
*Future Visions
*Ruthless Denial

Level 2 - Fortune Lady Fire
Fortune Lady Article FortuneLadyFireANPR-EN-R-1E

Starting ATK/DEF: 400

Firey is a good Emergency card against a powerful monster. Against anything, such as Goyo Guardian, it can give an emergency kill plus a chunk-load of damage. Since her effect can only be activated when summoned by a Fortune Lady, there are only 2 cards that can activate her effect...

Fortune Lady Light
Fortune Lady Dark

Level 3 - Fortune Lady Wind
Fortune Lady Article FortuneLadyWindSOVR-EN-R-1E

Starting ATK/DEF: 900

Windy is the only Fortune Lady that Normal Summon is preferred over Special Summon. Because of this, Wind is best to run in 3s. There are no set cards that Windy can be combined with, but if you already control a Fortune Lady, and your opponent has 2 cards face-down, then you can summon Windy to destroy them both. Windy completely replaces any Mystical Space Typhoon you would ever need, considering she can almost act as a Harpie's Feather Duster. An importaint thing to remember with Windy is that its equal and not us to. If you control 3 Fortune Ladies, you must destroy 3 Spell or Traps. Therefore if your opponent has less Spell/Traps than the amount of Fortune Ladies you control, you cannot destroy any of them.

Level 4 - Fortune Lady Water
Fortune Lady Article FortuneLadyWaterSOVR-EN-R-UE

Starting ATK/DEF: 1200

Watery is the Ultra draw engine of a Fortune Lady deck. Why settle for these draw engines that leave you with the same amount of cards, such as Trade-In, Allure of Darkness, ect., when you can be Drawing 2 cards practically for free. There are many cards that can spam her effect are...

Magical Dimension
Fortune Lady Light
Fortune Lady Dark
Reasoning

Level 5 - Fortune Lady Dark
Fortune Lady Article FortuneLadyDarkSOVR-EN-R-UE

Starting ATK/DEF: 2000

Darky is the first of the Fortune Ladies that would normally require Tribute summons to use, as well as the first beatstick. It is also importaint to know that Darky IS THE MOST IMPORTIANT FORTUNE LADY TO HAVE ON THE FIELD. The amazing part about Darky is that her effect applies to when ANY Fortune Lady kills a monster by battle. So if you control Earthy and Darky, and Earthy destroys a monster, you can activate its effect. Also, you can chain 1 Darky's effect to another, therefore, if you control 2 Darkys and you destroy a monster as a result of battle, then you can Special Summon up to 2 Fortune Ladies from your Graveyard.

Level 6 - Fortune Lady Earth
Fortune Lady Article FortuneLadyEarthSOVR-EN-R-1E

Starting ATK/DEF: 2400

Earthy is probably the weakest of the Fortune Ladies, effect wise. The only advantage to having an Earthy replace Darky is in the beginning of the game, when there are no Fortune Ladies in the Graveyard to activate Darky's effect. I RECOMMEND NOT WASTING TOO MUCH SPACE WITH EARTHY... DARKY = EARTHY (unless you absolutely need that extra 400 ATK or burn effect.)

Balance Recommendation for Fortune Lady Monsters
Light 3
Fire 2-3
Wind 3
Water 2-3
Dark 2-3
Earth 0-1

Other cards that support Fortune Lady decks...

Catoblepas and the Witch of Fate
All Fortune Ladies have ? ATK, allowing a stun element to the deck.

Future Fortune
Returns a lost RFGed Fortune Lady and draws 2. Great when you have an RFGed Darky, Chaos Sorcerer, and no darks in Grave.

Chaos Sorcerer
With Lighty run in 3s, 2+ Darkys, and alot of LIGHT/DARK support, CS is a need be.

Dark Simorgh
Windy and Darky/Other DARK support. What else need be said. Also, one way your opponent can try to get around Future Visions is by setting their monster, so Simorgh prevents that as well.

Both CS and Simorgh allow you to RFG Fortune Ladies, allowing running 3 Future Fortunes to not be a dead draw, as well as returning fodder for another CS or Simorgh.

Magical Dimension
Enough Spellcasters to use, as well as a way to activate Watery's effect, since Watery would be a dead draw in hand otherwise.

Kinka-Byo
Fun card... Normal Summon to Grab Lighty. Then when it returns to hand, Lighty is RFGed, activating her effect. Instant +1 control. Only run 1, since a second is a complete dead draw without Allure of Darkness. This card can be used any turn Lighty in in the Grave, so if all your Lighty's have been RFGed by Kinka-Byo, Future Fortune is nice.

Future Visions
Apart from activating Lighty's effect, Fortune Ladies are able to get around this card while stunning your opponent. Most Fortune Lady's are Special Summons, anyway.

One For One
Grab a quick Lighty before TTing or Dark Hole. A great searcher in general.

Giant Trunade
Clears the field, causing your opponent's backfield to be empty. Nice for Simogryph, but also nice to return Future Visions to your hand, that way, an opponent's monster RFGed by this effect will stay RFGed. Good if your opponent just summoned something that makes you go ZOMG GTFA. An example I've seen personally is someone tribute summoning Jinzo. After Trunading, that Jinzo was gone for good.

Ruthless Denial
Ruthless Denial is a great card, because it activates Lighty's effect when used on her. Great to grab your Darky quickly.

Time Passage
This card is good to use on Darky or Earthy, to increase their ATK by 1200. Also, this card will activate Earthy's effect.

Solitaire Magician
A weaker Fortune Lady, preferably Windy or Watery, can sacrifice 3 Levels to destroy a monster. Not too competitive, and can result in Dead Draws.

Ruthless Denial
Sending Lighty with this effect will trigger her effect, and not miss timing.

Building a Fortune Lady Deck

If you run 3 Future Fortunes and Watery, you will come up with some major Deck Problems. By this, I mean this deck thins out quickly, while most cards are best used with them being in the Deck, for Lighty's eff. The best way to do this is to do what Gadget decks do... go with 42 - 44 cards in your deck, as well as run Pot of Avarice. Before I ran Pot of Avarice, I once had 15 cards left in my deck, none of which being Fortune Lady monsters, since Lighty can be used 10+ times in a single duel if used right. This is why Pot of Avarice is a life saver in this deck. Run PoA in 2-3.

Card Crushing

A) Light and Darkness Dragon -> Based on the Rulings of Fortune Ladies, if a Fortune Lady has its Level increased, and its negated by LaDD, then LaDD loses 500 ATK and DEF. In additon, if that Fortune Ladies Level increase was negated, then that same standby, the Level will reattempt to increase. Therefore, if you have a face-up Fortune Lady while LaDD is on the field, LaDD's ATK and DEF will become 800/400, then the Level will increase by 1.

B) King Tiger Wangu -> Summon Lighty with King Tiger on the field, then summon another Lighty. If you have Pot of Avarice in your hand, then it is recomended to Special Summon Lighty from Lighty's effect, then repeat. That way, you have 3 Lighty's in Grave, and your new Fortune Lady (either Firey, Darky, or Earthy). If Darky or Earthy are summoned, King Tiger won't destroy them, but if Firey is summoned, you can kill King Tiger, and his effect will not resolve (due to no longer being face-up on the field). Then you can return those 3 Lighty's and 2 other monsters from the grave with Pot of Avarice to draw 2 (or 2 Lighty's, if you decided to summon Darky and use her effect to summon 1 Lighty).

Deck Sample 1: Chaotic Fortune Ladies
Spoiler:

Deck Sample 2: Lady Lock-Down
Spoiler:

Deck Sample 3: Dark Simorgh Ladies OTK
Spoiler:

Combo List (And Changes in Total Card Control)

1. Kinka-Byo and Ruthless Denial (Lighty in Graveyard)
    Step 1) Summon Kinka-Byo, summoning Lighty from your Graveyard. (+1)
    Step 2) Activate Ruthless Denial, sending Lighty to Grave (-2 you/-1 opponent)
    Step 3) Special Summon a Fortune Lady (+1)
    Step 4) Kinka returns to hand at EP, able to be used again next turn.

Total control change (+0 You / -1 Opponent)

2. Allure of Darkness, Future Fortune, Darky
    Use Allure, removing Darky, then Future Fortune, returning Darky to grave. A total of 4 cards drawin, while only -3, so 1 card more in hand than before.

3. Fortune Lady Lighty and Compulory Evacuation Device or Interdimensional Matter Transporter
    If you summon Lighty in ATK position and set 1 face-down, your opponent will be scared of that face-down. I have seen many people MST the face-down, assuming its Diminsional Prison or Mirror Force. Chain your IMT or CED to that, and surprise your opponent. Or, if you opponent has Synchro Materials on the field, and you want to prevent Stardust or such, you can chain at summon of an additional monster to take away the tuner, or possibly the non-tuner.

*Represents cards that can Activate Lighty's effect

----------------------------Suggestions, Rates, and Edits Appreciated

Last edited by Nico Robin on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:43 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Chrono
Lord
Lord

Fortune Lady Article Star02
Male Posts : 124

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:26 am

=o I like, but I think the Fortune WITCHES are the ones that end with "y", these just simply have the name of their element =P
Back to top Go down
SpiTFire96
SpiTFire96
Guardian
Guardian

Fortune Lady Article Star01
Male Posts : 35

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:36 am

Nice article, reminds me of the god old days when i had a fortune lady deck, it was "Fortune lady anti meta eccentric simorgh synchro with chaos lockdown and other cool stuffz" XDD

8/10 for the article, you could have showed a little sample of what the deck looks like its the only fault i can think of XD
Back to top Go down
Nico Robin
Nico Robin
The Devil's Child
The Devil's Child

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Article Updated With 2 Deck Samples, Chaotic Ladies and Lady Lock-Down.
Back to top Go down
SpiTFire96
SpiTFire96
Guardian
Guardian

Fortune Lady Article Star01
Male Posts : 35

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:13 pm

I can get ya my build if u wanna add it to the collection btw ^_^
Back to top Go down
Nico Robin
Nico Robin
The Devil's Child
The Devil's Child

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:14 pm

PM it to me, then xD

Chrono wrote:
=o I like, but I think the Fortune WITCHES are the ones that end with "y", these just simply have the name of their element =P

Ending the Element with -y is the nickname Carley gives them in the anime o:
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Chrono
Lord
Lord

Fortune Lady Article Star02
Male Posts : 124

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm

=O OMG I did not know that, mostly because I've only seen like the first 20 eps of the anime =P
Back to top Go down
ArcanaForce0
ArcanaForce0
Destroyer of Worlds and Spam
Destroyer of Worlds and Spam

Fortune Lady Article Star05
Male Posts : 197

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, maybe you should get to the 50s to see Carly dueling, then Razz
Back to top Go down
https://empireofdarkness.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Fortune Lady Article _
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Lady Article   Fortune Lady Article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortune Lady Article

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Empire of Darkness :: Planning and Chat :: Article Section-